Bypass the sound card , Trends Audio UD-10.1 Lite USB Audio Converter provides a great value way for audiophiles or general consumers to play music from computer.
There are more and more good quality audio DACs newly released. But, a good audio source is still difficult to find. Trends Audio developed the Trends UD-10.1 USB Audio Converter, which works as an external sound card with various formats of digital output and decoded headphone output. It effectively isolated the serious interference from within the PC/Mac case. e.g. the high frequency data signals, the switching-mode power supply and the FAN motors, etc
On the other hand, Trends UD-10.1 upgrades your PC/Mac to be a hi-end audio source. Thanks to the excellent power supply handling, the high accuracy clock and the sophisticated digital output circuit, the Trends UD-10.1 makes your PC/Mac to behave as a high-end CD transport to work with an external DAC. Yet, the Trends UD-10.1 and PC/Mac combination provides better sound quality, larger storage capacity and a more user-friendly interface than most standard CD players. (Remarks: computer hard disk is far superior to a CD player, no matter the speed, stability, error correction, jitter reduction. They are actually the technology of different eras.
These are the four main uses for the Trends USB Audio Converter.
1. Audiophile USB Transport (provide a digital interface to connect to your own DAC)
2. External USB sound card for PC and Mac
3. PC/Mac USB Headphone Amplifier
4. PC/Mac USB DAC.
Here's what industry expert are saying about Trends UD-10.1 USB Audio Converter:
"an affordable way to feed your existing external DAC or the open digital input of your AV receiver directly from your Mac or PC", 6moons.
"It is a big little man in world of quality audio reproduction!", Mono & Stereo.
"a fantastic and well-priced device for turning your PC into a high-end sound station.",Goodgearguide.
"Trends Audio's UD-10.1 Lite Makes Music Sound Better",Courant.
"It's certainly one of the best, and most cost-effective ways to start experiencing PC audio! ", TNT-Audio.
"the system sounds good, is relatively inexpensive, is highly portable, easily upgradeable", Dagogo
"?audibly smoothens music with harsh sibilant sounds, and adds a bit of bass and a touch of mid-range warmth?, Christopher Lim at The Business Time!
-In the front panel, there are the USB socket and the headphone socket (can convert to a pair of RCA audio output with the bundled adaptor). The back panel is mainly the digital outputs (optical x1, coaxial x 1 (RCA) for UD-10.1 Lite) and the external power supply socket.
- high-end Burr Brown PCM2704 IC for USB audio conversion
- proprietary dual power regulation circuits design (normal implementations are just directly apply the 5V USB bus power). No matter the power is supplied from the USB bus or from external socket, it is regulated before supply to the related ICs. Dual regulated powers are supplied to digital circuits and analog circuits individually.
- separated digital/analog ground. The digital GND (network) and the analog GND (solid) is totally separated except connected via a ferrite bread in a single point. It effectively reduce interference between digital signals and analog signals.
- Option to use USB bus power [convenient] or external power [better sound] (e.g. Trends PW-10 PSU or AA size rechargeable battery 1.2V x4=5V, don't use normal batteries with 1.2V x4=6V, it would be too high for safety and good sound performance)
- 4pins high accuracy crystal clock (+/-25ppm)
- applied RS422 driving IC to concurrently drive 4 groups of balance & non-balance digital outputs. Audiophiles can compare the differences between these digital outputs instantly or play for the Bi-DACs.
- plug-and-play without driver installation for most PC/Mac operating systems, e.g. Windows 2000, Windows XP, VISTA , Mac OS X and Linux OS.
We applied audiophile grade materials and electronic components, including the high-quality Japanese/Korean precise SMD resistors and capacitors. Besides reducing the space, it also reduces the resident inductance (relative to DIP components). The power filtering and decoupling is using Sanyo OS-CON solid-state electrolyte capacitors. The analog signal decoupling and coupling are using ELNA Silmic electrolyte capacitors and WIMA MKP10 film capacitors.
The packing list of Trends UD-10.1 Lite USB Audio Converter is as follows:
-Trends UD-10.1 Lite USB Audio Converter
-Trends UD-10 Battery Pack x 1
-Trends CQ-553 USB Cable A to B x 1
-3.5mm Stereo Plug To Dual RCA Jack Adapter x 1
-Warranty Card x 1
The price includes the shipping charge and we provide 2-year warranty and visit
http://wwww.TrendsAudio.com for more product information and reviews.